General Position Summary:
The Accountant position performs the full range of professional accounting work requiring the application of sound accounting principles, theories, concepts, and practices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance, performs review, analysis and evaluation of existing and proposed accounting practices;
- Responsible for fiscal law, rules, regulations, policies, automated accounting and non-accounting systems, and procedures pertinent to financial management or accounting matters within the department or assigned program area;
- Works independently on continuing assignments or projects that require application of QOLAC generally accepted principles, practices and theories of professional accounting;
- Performs special projects and assignments for automated financial systems, daily review of accounting outputs and maintains oversight of the edit master files;
- Works closely with systems personnel on the design of automated systems to facilitate the processing of accounting data to assure the results attained meet all accounting requirements;
- Performs special reviews and analyses to ensure the integrity of the general control system and prepares special reports and financial statements relating to the financial condition of specified program activities;
- Reviews the work of other fiscal staff to assure accuracy and conformity to policies and procedures and instructs them when necessary on the proper methods and assigns projects to be accomplished;
- Works closely with activities and their designated resource personnel in promoting understanding and effective application of financial management/accounting policies and procedures and monitors the implementation of new and/or supplemental accounting systems and procedures;
- Identifies source of problems, impact on other elements in the accounting systems, accounting adjustments required and recommends procedural changes to preclude reoccurrence of problems identified;
- Assists program managers in developing accounting data structure and participates in the planning, coordination, direction of meetings and telephone conferences associated with accounting closeouts or reorganization events;
- Makes day-to-day decisions regarding unusual and complex accounting transactions and is available to consult on solution of management problems and provides alternatives through sound application of professional knowledge of the accounting system; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Candidates for this position should hold the following qualifications, have the following experience, and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” or as a “plus,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
You will be rated on the following Competencies as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position:
- Accounting Operations
- Analytical Reasoning
- Cost Accounting
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (You must have an ICAB Enrollment number).
- You must be a Bangladeshi Citizen to apply for this job
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to background/security investigation
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
Please include your curriculum vitae and a cover letter that specifies:
- your rationale for selecting this area of interest
- your areas of specific interest in Accounting/Accounting Operations/Analytical Reasoning/Cost Accounting
QOLAC is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. QOLAC prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status.
QOLAC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at QOLAC, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at QOLAC or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.